Full Service COBRA Administration
Complete COBRA relief for employers and reliable processing for participants.
Outsourcing the duties involved with properly adhering to federal COBRA requirements is easy and affordable. TAG will act as your Third Party Administrator (TPA) and assumes all responsibility for handling your COBRA needs including the following:
- Establish your customized COBRA account in our system
- Take over existing COBRA participants
- Send Initial Notices to New Hires (if desired)
- Send Qualifying Event Notices
- Process COBRA elections
- Bill, collect, process, and remit COBRA premiums to employer
- Handle all ongoing correspondence and customer service calls for your account
- Assist with open enrollment
- Process terminations including notifying carriers and sending termination notices and HIPAA certificates
- Maintain documentation of all correspondence sent to qualified beneficiaries
- Submit monthly reports to the employer
- Track and implement any new requirements for complete federal and state COBRA compliance.
Submissions of qualifying events, initial notices, and carrier information can be submitted online, via fax, or mail. Monthly reports are sent to employers, detailing all COBRA activity. Every employer is assigned a certified COBRA specialist to maintain the administrative duties involved with COBRA (for large groups, additional specialists are assigned to meet our high standards of customer service). This hands-on approach allows for efficient maintenance of premium billing, qualifying events, initial notices, HIPAA certification, and more.